Saturday, October 24, 2009

31 for 21 Day 24.... First Bowling Trip

Today was my nephew Daniels Birthday. Happy Birthday Buddy!! He held his birthday party at a bowling alley and I was very anxious to see how the twins would respond to all the people and noise at a place like this. They did WONDERFUL!!!

At first Caleb buried his face in my shoulder and refused to look at anyone or even eat pizza for awhile. After about 30 to 45 minutes he knew we were staying there if he wanted us to or not, so he decided to join the party. Once he was up and around he really started enjoying watching the people bowl and the reactions they gave after a ball was thrown. He was still pretty withdrawn and to himself, but we did get him to bowl about three times. It was so great to see this. They just turned four and doing something like this with them was something I don't think I really thought about even trying. But hey, birthday party = FREE bowling, and that's the kind of price I like to try something out :)

Here is a video of Caleb sitting and watching everyone. The light from Tom's phone bothered him a bit so he makes funny squinting faces, but its pretty darned cute:
Photobucket

Isaac on the other hand. As soon as we got to the bowling alley he was completely engaged in everything. The bowling alley was using a blacklight and they colors were very vibrant and he was loving that, he was so very interested in what the people were doing and he watched the ball from the time the people released it until it hit the pins. While we ate he sat backwards in his chair just to watch the bowlers. He was very happy when I asked him if he wanted to try and bowl with a ball. He ran as fast as his little feet would carry him, it was so cute. In this video the noise level must have been a little higher, this is the only time he acted like this the whole 2 1/2 hours we were there, but again, its CUTE!
Photobucket
(Oh and I dropped a piece of pizza on my lap while I was feeding the boys, its always me coming out messy and not them...hump!)

I thought this was a great experience and I'm so happy the day turned out as it did. My nephew had a nice turn out for his party, he seemed to have a great time, we had a great time and we made a memory today!!!

No comments: