Thursday, April 2, 2009

RIP Henry Hanzely

Today we mourn the loss of Henry Hanzely, aka Grandpa Hanzely. I have been married to Tom for almost 14 years and in that time I have grown to love and cherish his grandparents as if they were my own (I don't have any of my own left). Today at 11:11 am Grandpa took his last breath. He was diagnosed with cancer about 4 weeks ago and it was all through his body so there was nothing we could do for him but keep him pain free. He lived 85 wonderful years and we will always remember him, especially when we pick from his 35 blueberry bushes, several peach, apple, plum and nut trees here on the farm. He is now finally pain free and we praise God for giving him to us as long as he did.

Please keep Grandma (Rita) Hanzely in your prayers. As you can imagine she will be so lost without him. June would have been their 60th Wedding Anniversary, so he was all she knew.

Here is Great-Grandpa and Great-Grandma with almost all of their 15 (soon to be 19) great-grandchildren Thanksgiving 2008:

Photobucket

2 comments:

datri said...

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for your family.

Unknown said...

Stacey,
I am sorry for this loss and your Uncle last week. I missed yoru blog last week and didn't know that you were a Wykoff. My father is 57 and was friends with your father. He has been sad everytime he reads that one passes away.
Praying for you..
Molly