Thursday, January 22, 2009

Snowball Dance '09

Snowball Dance '09

Tonight was the kids' annual Snowball Dance that the PTA holds at their elementary school for kindergarten through 5th grade. Tristin and Camille have been there before and I knew they were eager and wanting to go. I hadn't given it to much thought about Elijah, being that he's in kindergarten and he's a boy and he's not much of a dancer, I guess I was thinking that he wouldnt be interested and probably would just stay home with me and the twins. Boy was I wrong... As he was playing on the computer I went over to him and this was our conversation:

MOM: so buddy you stayin home with mom and boys tonight?
ELIJAH: looking at me rather surprised "NO mom, Megan is waiting for me and I'm going to dress nice for her"
MOM: WHAT!! Are you going on a date Elijah?
ELIJAH: Well, yes mom, it is a dance."

As I was helping all the kids get dressed and talked about minding their manners and acting like ladies and gentlemen, Elijah says "Mom if Megan asks me to dance do I have to hold her close?" WoW what pressure on 5 year olds??? LOL I told him no it was fine to just hold her hand and stand back.


I asked each child what was the best part of the dance tonight:

Tristin
Tristin
"I mostly just watched the kids dancing and stuff. I was surprised and happy that I didn't hear any bad words, that made me really happy."

Camille
Camille
"I had alot of fun hanging out with my friend Amy."

Elijah
Elijah
"I liked singing We Will Rock You. It was really fun for my first dance but they played alot of girlie songs."




No comments: