Saturday, October 15, 2011

31 for 21: PEACE

One thing that I find to be a blessing, is the fact that there is sooooo much information out there.  One can easily become overwhelmed with information regarding Down syndrome, early intervention services, medical conditions associated with this condition, Educational Rights and Regulations of your State and at the Federal level, different support groups that have formed, blogs, awareness ideas and more!!! 

Seriously???? What did a parent do before the internet???

My favorite way to get information is LIVE, of course.  One thing that I always tell people is that I totally inherited my daddy's skill for talking to anyone about anything.  I love networking with other parents especially.  I currently have the pleasure of attending a PEACE training presented by The Peal Center.  PEACE stands for Project for Parents Engaged in Advocating for Change in Education.  I cannot even begin to process all the information we have been given, but I can tell you I have already used several ideas personally and I know that I am now more informed and prepared to answer questions coming into me as the Executive Director of my local Arc organization.  The presenters Ceil and Melissa totally make this workshop work.  They have energy that is contagious and for those of us just learning, like myself, they are someone who will make a difference in my future and the future of others just by sharing the information that they are.

I am thankful to God for allowing me the ability to learn, the desire to put my knowledge to work and the passion to keep it going in the right direction.  Without Him I would not be..

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways acknowledge him, 
and he will make your paths straight.
 
And these beautiful five children are my purpose...
 

 

No comments: