Thursday, October 13, 2011

31 for 21: Online support for Down Syndrome

Today I want to express my thankfulness to all the people I have met because of my children having Down syndrome.  Truthfully I have met the most wonderful people online and I know realistically I will probably never meet them in person but they have meant so much to me and have encouraged me and educated me by sharing their stories and views of several topics. 



Because of the small town I live in, I really have not connected with more than just a handful of parents living the Down syndrome journey with their children.  I began with DownSyn, then moved onto blogging and Facebook and Twitter.  Without the internet and the ability to meet all the these people, I would be pulling my hair out much like one of my favorite photos of my twins below:


 This is a quote I saw on facebook last night and felt it appropriate to use today:

"God doesn't give you the people you want, he gives you the people you NEED. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were meant to be."

Thank you Lord for the Blessing of Friends!!

No comments: