Monday, February 16, 2009

Organic Chicken Anyone?

I have a friend who is very into natural eating. No dyes, no fructose sugars, no animal cruelty, etc... She is the first person I've ever even heard the words free range chickens from. She asked me if I wanted to hear what they do to a chicken before its harvested and I said NO!, but in response now I tease her about free range corn fed chickens all the time...Its kinda funny... But she recently had an order of frozen natural chickens from a local farm delivered to our town and had asked if I had wanted to give them a try. Sure.. I'll give anything a try.

Well, let me tell you. I got an 8 pound chicken. YES 8 pounds!! It looked more like a turkey. It was so delicious and I have to tell you it made four meals for a family of seven. I'm still deciding if I'm going to jump on the free range, corn fed chicken band wagon. I just may :) Here are some before and after photos,

BEFORE:

Before

AFTER:

After

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I just read all about this in my behavior and diet research. I'd jump on the bandwagon if I were you. Those chickens are the best ones. I heard you can get them at Whole Foods ... I have to check.