Wednesday, February 8, 2012

People with Disabilities are Broken?

I read an amazing post and had to share.. It made me think in ways I don't think I have ever thought.  Especially the words "Although they might seem broken, they instead show us the brokenness of our own hearts."  What an amazing life God has called the Stumbo family to.  I thank them for blogging as they do and sharing their story.  I have read this blog for a long time, but this one brought tears to my eyes, (Click words to read entire blog post):

I have a burning passion to see the church embrace people with disabilities. Although they might seem broken, they instead show us the brokenness of our own hearts. Our churches need them, we all need them. There is great freedom and beauty when we find ourselves surrounded by a group of people that loves unconditionally, gives freely, and worships with no restrain. It allows the rest of us to do the same as we look at them and learn from them how to come before the Lord. We can come as we are, with no pretense, no holding back, just us, with all our brokenness and garbage. What a beautiful Healing Community we can become, what great beauty is found in the middle of those with disabilities, among my people.

1 comment:

Ellen Stumbo said...

Thanks for sharing this!