Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pennsylvania Christain Camp.... here comes my Camille


Tristin has been going to the Pennsylvania Christian Camp summer camp program for a few years now. Today my Camille left for her first week away from home more excited than I have seen her in a long time. I am certain that this is going to be so good for her not only to just get away and have some fun without her usual responsibilities here at home, but to go out in the world and meet new friends that she would not otherwise ever meet.

Just like when Tristin went for the first time, I have some anxiety over Millie being gone for a week... and I have some jealousy over the fact that "I didn't get to do this kind of stuff when I was a kid". Due to our family dynamic of having our twins with Down Syndrome and Autism, my older three children really have missed out on being a kid as much I would have liked them to. Camille has been mother hen since the day Caleb came home from the NICU at just over 4 pounds. She is my helper, she is the goto girl when the twins get hurt or need something. She has an amazing spirit and the biggest heart that I have ever seen in a little girl.

For this reason I hope that she gets some good christian encouragement this week, I hope that she makes a lifelong friend, I hope that this week she learns how much she is loved not only by her parents and family but from God the Father.

Love you Millie!!!!

No comments: