Friday, May 14, 2010

Alpaca Mothers Day Adventure

This mothers day we did something a little different instead of the usual.  My mom has a hairdresser, De, who owns an alpaca farm called Peaceful Pasture Alpacas.  My mom told her that we had mentioned raising alpaca for the boys one day when they got older as a business of some sort for them to own.  De told mom to come out anytime to see them up close and personal and to learn a little about them.  She said they still had their winter coats on and were due to be sheared on the 13th (yesterday).  If we wanted to come see them we had to see them cute and fluffy first.  So we headed over that way Sunday afternoon and spent about 2 1/2 hours in freezing cold weather admiring these beautiful creatures.  They  were pleasantly friendly with the kids and the children all loved the hands on experience.  The owners too were wonderful and filled our brains with lots of information and showed so much hospitality to our family.  THANK YOU!!  My mom, her hubby Jim and my family all went for the afternoon on a very last minute decision. 

Ok so, photo overload time.......
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

It was a great day and I enjoyed spending it with my family AND my mom.

1 comment:

My name is Sarah said...

OMG!!! I can't believe you got so close. Cool:)