Thursday, July 2, 2009

Our 14 Year Anniversary

Its so hard to believe that Tom and I have been married for 14 years already. July 1, 1995 was our big day. The time has gone so quickly and yet he's still the man I've always dreamed of. He's a wonderful husband, he's the best father I could have ever asked for and he's a great friend who can make me laugh and be silly like we're teenagers yet. I admire him for his hard work as a CPA. Lord knows that I would be laying my head down on folded arms on the desktop snoozing if I had to look at all those numbers all day long. He has achieved more that we ever talked about when we were in our dreaming stages of life and in such a short amount of time. He's a partner at a good firm here in town, he's a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and he's the treasurer at our church. He has come so far and without any complaints of his long hard hours...its been me complaining of that...lol. His efforts have allowed me to be a stay at home mom to our five children and that's the best gift he could ever think of giving me. I am so happy with my life, with my husband, with my children that I thank God daily for blessing me with such a wonderful life. We have struggles just like any other couple, but with our faith in God and our love and respect for each other we have conquered many obstacles together.

Looking back I laugh at the things we expected from our lives. I never would have thought we would have five children. Tom is from a family of five children and I always thought they had such a big family. I never would have thought we would have twins, or for that matter twins with special needs. I so enjoy remembering how we used to map out our plans for where we were headed in life and be disappointed that it didn't go as planned. I am so thankful that God has had this amazing journey already mapped out for us. I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride and hope that we have at least another 40 years to enjoy it together.

My funny for the day is that I took the girls to a dentist appointment. I always dread dental exams as we do not have dental insurance. I took $175 in cash with me hoping that maybe...just maybe.. I would have a few extra bucks left over to run to the store and buy Tom something. Well, after the girls were done with their appointment..cleaning, fluoride, x-rays, and one extraction(it was a wiggly baby tooth and cost us $70!!)......I went to the desk to hear the total amount for the appointment was $453!!!! OUCH!! So needless to say, Tom just got a kiss and a hug and a love ya honey from his wife this year. You know what?? He loved it :)

Love Ya Tom!!

1 comment:

datri said...

A belated Happy Anniversary! You guys are awesome!