Thursday, September 11, 2014

It's official, we have TWO TEENS!!!!


Tristin Rose, today you turn 17.  As your mom I am seeing a beautiful transformation happening from my little girl to my beautiful young lady.  You are seeking your independance way to fast for me, yet I know you must spread your wings and learn to fly.  I love seeing the artistic passion you display when you do a drawing or pastel.  I love seeing you step up and do adult tasks like calling to make your own doctors appointment, deciding where to order dinner and then making order, working at Hanzely's Nursery and Garden Center and interacting with customers.  Your beautiful inside and out.  I am saddened that this is your last year as my "child" and I know your looking forward to turning 18 to "get out of here", but you will ALWAYS be my baby girl, my little pookey bear.  I love you more than words can say......as I tear up again (boy you make me do this alot lately).  Praying God blesses you with a fantastic year.

Camille Sage, today you turn 13... THIRTEEN...what??!!! another teeneager in the household, how will I survive it?  You have changed both in appearance and in maturity this past year.  What a difference a year makes at this age.  Your compassionate heart continues to grow with you and your amazing gift of being a caregiver to your younger brothers amazes me.  I can still envision you being four years old and lifting up your 4# little brother Caleb freshly home from the NICU and saying "I will take care of him mama".  You have never let me down with that.  I see confidence building in you that wasn't there before, I see a comedian side of you coming out that cracks me up, I see you will always give me a twist and turn where I thought I knew the road ahead already, I see myself being proud of you down whatever road you take.  Love you Girl!!

Each year on this day I still mourn for the families who lost everything in the 9-11 attacks, but I also praise God for blessing our family TWICE on this particular date.  We will always have reason to celebrate but still honor this day as one that will never be forgotten.  





Psalm 127:3-5New King James Version (NKJV)

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth.
Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
They shall not be ashamed,
But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, teenagers. You gotta keep laughing and love em., my number one rule when I had three teenagers at once was: no rolling your eyes cuz they will get stuck like that! Seriously, the kids knew they could talk to us about anything...respectfully! No shouting or screaming from either side. And absolutely NO slamming doors!

Prayer works all the time!

Love you all
Aunt Vicki