Friday, September 25, 2009

Hey Guess What?? It's working....

If your looking to lose weight the best motivation is to have someone take a photo of you bending over making mountain pies...LOL

My daughter Camille took some photos of me during our camping trip two weeks ago, and as I sat down and looked through them I honestly could not believe how big my a** was!!! I don't feel that big. I know I'm overweight, there's no complaining there, but I didn't realize HOW OVERWEIGHT until I saw that photo. As embarrassed as I am by this, it was the best thing that could have happened to me right now. Right now is the perfect time for me to put M-E back in line for being taken care of, right now is the best time to find time for M-E, right now is the best time to get M-E back in shape. The twins are in school four mornings a week. I stared walking the walkway downtown last week while they are in school and I still have time to come home and relax and enjoy the quite for a bit before kids come home.

I started walking 3 miles. At first I didn't know if I could even do it, but I did and it felt great. Then I wanted to do it faster and I didn't care what I looked like or how funny all my rolls looked bouncing with each step, I just WANT IT OFF, ( bounce baby bounce )!!! So I have already moved up to a 15 minute mile and can walk 3 miles in 45 to 48 minutes. That is exciting to me. I am feeling better, it has made me eat better, I am sleeping better, and ....and.... I lost 8.2 lbs last week!!

I'm just happy for M-E, for doing something with my free time that is beneficial to me and not just sitting around catching up on laundry, tv shows, or playing Farm Town on facebook :)

2 comments:

datri said...

I think my problem with weight is that I don't "feel" fat. It takes something like not being able to fit on the amusement part ride to shock me into reality! I've been walking 3 miles, too! Actually, I enjoy exercising, it's just that I enjoy eating more!

ch said...

Oh, brother...once I stopped giggling at your motivational photo shoot I ended the post feeling like a complete slug. Thank you for the inspiration that didn't require my own photographic torture...off to unearth the treadmill...but where to hang the freshly ironed dress shirts???