Saturday, August 11, 2012

Update on Tonsil Removal

11 days post op and I would say, twins are back to normal.  As a matter of fact, no pain medicine was given today at all.  They are still eating softer foods, cookies, hot dogs, ice cream, apple slices.  But I really think they are safe to get back into their favorite crunchy foods.

My take on if the Risk was Higher than Reward:  It was a long recovery with an ER trip for IV fluids on day 7, but overall, seriously the recovery was way better than I was expecting reading over blogs of other's experiences.  Anxious to see if this in ANY WAY affects their speech.  There is a tiny part of me holding onto some hope that they may just start making some more sounds now that they don't have obstructive tonsils making it difficult for them.

No comments: