Friday, June 18, 2010

Independant Feeders, yes they are!!!

As we strive for doing all we can to make my twins as independent as possible in life, there are a few bumps in the road that I cannot help but to laugh at and run and get my camera. One of these happened just the other day. I was outside working in the garden as the boys were taking their daily nap. They awoke, came outside to get me to sign to me that they wanted cereal for a snack. This is part of their daily routine.. eat lunch, nap 1 1/2 hours, wake, eat snack (usually cereal and/or pretzels). I was occupied with my weeding the garden and asked them to wait a couple minutes and mommy would be in to get them their snack. They happily took off for the house again and I was assuming they understood what I asked them and was going to play for a few minutes while I finished my weeding... Simple right??

Well, there's always more than 5 minutes worth of weeding left.. so 15 minutes later I went upto the house and found that Caleb had decide that 15 minutes was way to long to wait for his afternoon cereal snack. He nicely helped himself to the cereal cabinet, opened a brand new 16.2 oz box of Multi Grain Cheerios and dumped the entire box on the floor!!!! They were ever so nicely sharing and laughing and watching tv as they enjoyed their self-served snack. When I first saw them and I said "Caleb, what did you do?" He got the absolute BIGGEST smile on his face as if to tell me, hey mom, I was just helping you out...

God Love Him :)


Photobucket
Isaac ==>
Photobucket
Caleb==>
Photobucket
Isaac==>
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Caleb ==>
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

No comments: