Wednesday, March 3, 2010

31st Annual Run/Walk for Someone Special

When I was a little girl in elementary school I remember getting all excited to walk a walk in Sykesville with my family. We usually raised a little bit of money and had a fun family time together walking for a good cause. Then I moved onto middle school, high school, college, and then life. I honestly can say I didn't realize that the walk was still going strong each and every year. I had the privilege of becoming the Executive Director of The Arc of Jefferson County last year and had a hand in the end of planning for last years Run/Walk.

This year I have a new fire to again make this the biggest and best event yet. Last year we were so excited to have had over 300 participants show up. The Run/Walk for Someone Special is our biggest fund raiser and all monies raised stay completely local. The donations go towards funding a summer camp program we host called Camp Friendship, an autism camp that just started 2 years ago, a sign language workshop we began last year, a lending library available to our members, a parent support group that meets monthly, and the Saturday Adult recreation program we put on. There are so many people who benefit from the funds raised at this event. I have set up a FirstGiving page and would ask you to consider making a contribution towards my little guys future here at The Arc of Jefferson County.

Please visit my firstgiving page HERE or if you would like to read up on more about our organization you can visit http://www.jcarc.org

No comments: