Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Now THAT'S Comedy

Have you ever had an "I Love Lucy" moment, where your in a situation so hopeless you just throw your arms up and surrender??  Yeah, I just had one of those myself.

Kids came home from school, chaos always begins as they tell me about their day, ask for a snack, and head for the Wii to unwind before dinner.  Shortly after they came home one of the twins staff workers came to pick up a book.  After short conversation I realized that Isaac had messed his britches.  I went into the living room for a second to talk to the older kids again and tell them I was going to change Isaac I'd be right back.  Into my bedroom I find that Isaac had once again dipped his hands into his diaper..

UGH, ok I deal with this so much I feel as though I'm becoming a pro at getting his diaper off while holding his hands and running bath water all at the same time.  So I get him in and rinse off his hands and wipe up his bottom good enough that I'm ready to lift the drain and fill the tub up with clean water to give him a bath.  Within a minute or two of him splashing and having fun, Caleb comes running in.. He wants in on the bath action.  In he goes.  I always take advantage of bath time by cleaning up the bathroom and starting laundry (laundry room is in my bathroom).  They were playing and I was peeking in on them and making funny Peek A Boo noises.. They are getting braver and braver in the tub and are laying on their tummies trying to stick their face in the water.  It is cute... BUT.. there's a big BUT.. both boys have reflux really bad and we thicken all thin liquids because they choke on them, this includes choking on bath water.  I can't thicken the bath water.  As Isaac chokes for the second time I tell them to sit up and be careful.  Finish loading the laundry and turn on the washing machine... I hear really bad choking, I look and Isaac is upchucking in the tub.  I run over and grab Caleb out before any of that gets on him, I make it just in time.  I wrap Caleb in a towel and sit him on my bed.  "Caleb mommy will be right back, hold on" (uh, huh!) and then I go back in and rinse off Isaac and get him settled down.  Out of the tub he comes, drying him off and sticking a diaper on his butt and I hear "MOM CALEB JUST PEE'D ALL OVER THE COUCH!!"  You've gotta be kidding me right?  UGH

So in a matter of about 15 minutes I dealt with Poop, Puke, and Pee all in a bad way... LOL  These are the days that remain stories for years to come :)  Oh by the way, they are both fine and eating cereal and watching tv like nothing ever happened, even now they teach me that hey, its no big deal mom.

Any good ideas on how to get pee out of a couch cushion that does not come off??????

1 comment:

MaggieMae said...

Oh Stacy I am SOOO living a parallel life with you. Been there, done that THIS week. Supplies: roll of paper towels, half cup of warm water, Green Resolve (for furniture -- hard to find. Red REsolve will do in a pinch, empty bucket or pot, and a bottle of Febreeze. Steps: 1. sop up as much of the urine as possible as soon as possible. 2. dump 1/4 cup of warm water on the residual urine to dissipate. 3. spray heavily with Resolve and let sit for 5 minutes. 4. Rub, scrub, sop and soak up, squeeqy-ing excess into empty pot. 5. keep scrubbing with dry paper towels until the roll is gone or the couch is "only" damp. 6. spray heavily with Febreeze. 7. If it still smells, repeat process... Or throw away couch and buy one with removable cushions with washable covers LOL. Me? We're waiting to buy a new couch until the boys are accident-free for 5 years LOL.